This job might no longer be available.
Program Manager, Service Management Team (SMT)
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
7 months ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As the SMT Program Manager at Wizards of the Coast you will work in a fast-paced creative environment to help ensure the Systems, Operations, and Service team (SOS) is able to support other teams around the company and provide customer and operations services for both digital and analog Wizards of the Coast products. You will balance multiple projects and ensure that they are aligned toward a common objective. Component projects we work on include developing tools for product support, implementation of new systems, deployment of support services for new products, and support and improvements for existing tools and services. This also includes identifying interdependencies, defining scope, managing risk, monitoring budgets, and ensuring cross-company communication.
This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our SOS project roadmap and will define program and project management standard methodologies for all projects on that roadmap. Our success is measured by the timely delivery of projects and overall happiness of customers.
Our ideal candidate is a strong and motivating leader with a history in program and project management. You can maintain a broad view on project impact and have the ability to dig deeper if needed. You understand and embody project management fundamentals and use strategic visioning to align program goals and benefits with the long-term goals of our group. Program management methodology is second nature and you are always looking for improvement opportunities. You are a persuasive, credible communicator with excellent social skills. You approach program management with a positive, optimistic attitude and are able to work with all levels of the organization, from the Executive team to individual contributors.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Partner with business owners, develop a viable plan using goals and objectives to align with the expectations of sponsors and stakeholders.
- Lead a team of Project and Product Managers: setting and reviewing annual goals, ensuring the team is set up for success.
- Understand stakeholder needs, desires, and expectations and be able to analyze the impact of the program or project.
- Develop and implement collaborative and effective communication plans to address stakeholder needs and expectations, providing timely and relevant updates to all parties.
- Follow and recommend processes and procedures for maintaining program management oversight.
- Promote progress through careful consideration of constraints and objectives in order to mitigate risks and issues.
- Maintain detailed project log for all active and proposed programs and projects.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Crafting and Casting these Spells:
- 7 – 10 years program or project management experience required, 10+ years preferred
- Experience with a major scheduling tool required; knowledge of MS Project preferred
- Experience working in digital gaming and/or technical project/program management field preferred
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Proven track record of developing and implementing process improvements while delivering successful projects and programs.
- Demonstrates expertise in program planning, capacity management, and risk management.
- Able to build clear, concise technical and financial reports using Excel and Word.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and collaboration among team members.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- PgMP or PMP certification preferred
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.