Program Manager, Security
2 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Program Manager, Security
San Diego, CA
Are you someone who can excel when presented with sophisticated challenges? At PlayStation, Program Managers support and are responsible for the successful ongoing execution and delivery of large-scale server-side programs while partnering with design, program, product, engineering, business and operational teams. As a Program Manager at PlayStation, you will help guide initiatives from inception through deployment on a worldwide scale within our PlayStation platform. The right candidate will possess a strong program management acuity, technical skills, and will have experience in supporting enterprise-level programs.
You thrive and succeed in a collaborative space with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and team members, and are not hindered by ambiguity or opposing priorities. We strive to provide clear communications and interpersonal agility. Culture is a key part of success here, and we like to have fun while we work, and you should too!
- Develop full plans including timelines, achievements, results, dependencies, risks, mitigations, success criteria and communication for server side and coordinate with supported Development Manager, Technical Project Managers and Technical Leads.
- Scheduling and timelines at the task level as needed, with overall accountability at the project level.
- Ensure broad socialization of plans and alignment across leadership, partners, the project team, and internal and external partners.
- Provide detailed and timely communication on developing issues or roadblocks to relevant partners with clarity.
- Define, Execute, and Communicate Risk Management Plans with a demeanor towards engaged problem solving.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization.
- Adhere, Develop, and Share standard methodologies across the team.
To Be Successful in this Role, You Should Have:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of experience in program management or technical leadership, with deep knowledge of large-scale enterprise program delivery.
- 4+ Experience working with Information Securities, cloud-oriented infrastructure stacks, and formalized compliance work preferred.
- Ability to Recognize Security Challenges and Understand Priorities
- Recognize and communicate blocking issue situations. Excel in conflict resolution and people management.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Atlassian product suite, Jira, Portfolio, DataPlane Reports, Big Picture, Confluence, Collaboration apps—like Google Apps Suite or Office 365, etc...).
- Regulatory Compliance programs as well as their technical and security requirements (PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT systems and networking in Cloud environments
- Familiarity and experience pertaining to:
- AWS (or similar) cloud security and infrastructure
- Web infrastructure security
- Network security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.)
- Encryption technology and implementation
- Database security
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST, COBIT, ITIL
- Operating system security and hardening
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Shown proficiency in Scrum Agile software development, iterative development and release processes.
- Willingness to stress the process, make suggestions and implement changes in your sphere of influence!
- Ability to work within a team of highly qualified security specialists and multi-task effectively
- PMI Certifications
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certifications.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.