Program Manager, Partner Brands (Japanese Bilingual Required) (Studio X)
28 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Do you have demonstrated expertise in program management, partnerships or licensing, and a passion for product development? Do you have near native level Japanese proficiency and strong communication skills in both Japanese and English with a deep understanding for Japanese culture and entertainment?
We are looking for an innovative and daring Program Manager, Partner Brands to cultivate and lead profitable long-term partnerships with licensors and collaborators to ensure the delivery of an outstanding portfolio of products and business goals. The ideal candidate will have experience with licensor management and critical communication, along with a highly attuned game quality sense.
The Program Manager, Partner Brands will be leading licensing programs across our portfolio of titles to bring the best entertainment-licensed consumer products and experiences to our fans. In this key role, you will work externally with licensors based Japan and internally, cross-functionally with global teams.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the Business and Partnership - Manage day-to-day relationship with licensees including onboarding, seeing opportunities, problem-solving, marketing and all business reviews. You will build and summarize performance reports while ensuring internal compliance with licensing deals and timelines.
- Cross-functional Leadership - Work collaboratively to support and lead throughout the pipeline of partnership product development, owning the flow of licensing, the release schedule and marketing information to all internal teams. You will be an encouraging communicator and negotiator, a constant consultant.
- Connect Us: Be a liaison between Japan and the U.S. providing insights on the Japanese marketplace and community actively studying the Japanese TCG market to discover opportunities with new and existing partners.
What You'll Bring:
- 4-6 years experience, specifically within consumer goods or gaming.
- At least 2 years analyzing or working with legal agreements.and external working relationships.
- Has near native level Japanese proficiency and strong communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- A deep understanding in the Japanese TCG market and gaming culture.
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, and resourceful, with experience learning quickly about new technologies and industry trends.
- Strong business judgment and intellectual maturity; ability to craft solutions that appropriately balance risk and business objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience developing strong internal
- Ability to identify key concerns quickly and drive collaborators to a consensus.
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and balancing multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$111,680 — $190,440 USD