This job might no longer be available.
Program Manager, Localization QA
Los Angeles, California, United States
12 days ago
As a member of the Localization central operations team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Localization QA processes and workflows across multiple Games and Publishing initiatives. Working closely with Localization Producers and Localization Operations teams, you will be a key link in a system that enables the creation of high-quality localized experiences for players around the world.
Program Manager, Localization QA reports to Head of Localization Production and works across games, IP/Creative and Publishing projects to ensure testing coverage for player-facing content on all languages that Riot supports.
- Simultaneously manages activities and outcomes associated with multiple Localization QA projects across Riot (5-10 at any given time)
- Contributes to creating schedules and roadmaps for Localization QA projects in collaboration with Localization Producers, Operations and external partners
- Identifies strategic gaps and opportunities within Localization QA processes and proposes actionable plans to fix them grounded in data and facts
- Works closely with Riot QA and Localization Operations to align and implement global Localization QA resourcing strategies through external partnerships
- Helps resolve problems and remove roadblocks associated with Localization QA activities
- Advocates and socializes best practices and standards for Localization QA across Riot
- Bridges communication gaps between development, localization and external partner teams
- 4 years of Localization QA, QA or Production leadership experience in a game dev environment
- 6 years of experience in video game development environments
- Project management certifications or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate problems, provide solutions and present them to a wide range of audiences
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with bug-tracking, test management tools
- Experience working in a BPO or Vendor Management capacity
- Experience working with large sets of data (but reports, project and test plans) through analysis and application on a large scale
- ISTQB qualification preferred
- CSM-like agile certifications are a plus
- Experienced with overall production processes in a game studio environment
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).