This job might no longer be available.
Program Manager- (Contract)
6 days ago
Infrastructure Program Manager
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Infrastructure Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of assigned Infrastructure-related Programs/Projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership, and oversight of assigned programs / projects;
- Understanding, and evangelizing Strategic Context to all project Stakeholders;
- Direction setting, leadership and overall coordination of project team members;
- Monitoring, and maintaining project execution plans, resource plans, and project budgets ensuring timely project delivery while meeting defined Quality standards.
What an Infrastructure Program Manager does at EA:
- Project Delivery: Manages the project lifecycle in accordance with the PMO methodology, paying careful attention to project scope and objectives (change management), detailed project timelines, resource plans, and budget consumption. Monitors internal and external dependencies between related projects. Performs value/benefit realization analysis;
- Issue & Risk Management: leads identification and resolution of risks and issues, including escalation management when required;
- Project Reporting/Communications: Reports the status and progress of programs and projects to the PMO, project team and Stakeholders. Provides periodic program health assessments;
- Financial Management: Oversees various administrative activities that maintain financial compliance, and tracks and reports on the budget and ROI;
- Quality Management: Ensures Quality standards and procedures are defined/identified and adhered to for all projects. Conducts defined project phase reviews throughout the lifecycle of project;
- Team Management: Ensures project teams are effective (working model, trained, etc.). Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage external and internal resources as “one team” to deliver initiatives. Facilitates collaboration among teams in the global environment. Facilitates collaboration among project managers within the program, ensuring visibility into their mutual dependencies.
The next great EA Infrastructure Program Manager also needs:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable technical degree.
- Minimum 8 years relevant of project management and infrastructure experience.
- Background should also include experience in online/internet related technologies, experience with public cloud service offerings, preferably AWS and infrastructure experience (exposure to any of the following: eCommerce, Networking, Security, Systems Administration, Database Administration, Storage, Data Center related technologies).
- Experience with project management tools and preferably PMP certified.
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- Experience in working with Outside Service Providers.
- Ability to translate business issues into system solutions, with a demonstrated proficiency in evolving and managing systems development.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills: detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and manage large teams.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.