Program Manager (Art & Rendering) - Frostbite
14 days ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Program Manager do?
As Program Manager, you will lead and motivate one or more cell teams within the Art & Rendering product area with a focus to ensure good Agile development practices and achieve our goals. You will improve the development process, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, risk- and change management, team-wide collaboration and communication.
This is a role in Art & Rendering team, and you will report to the Director of Program Management.
- Work with product owners, tech leads and engineering managers to plan and deliver projects
- Determine the resource requirements to meet project goals and establish success criteria
- Evaluate and resolve dependencies
- Complete projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Manage development tasks, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
- Estimate the impact of change requests on plans, budget, and resources
- Manage support and other interruptions to planned work
- Risk management
Responsibilities: Team and Process Management
- Promote the Agile development process in teams
- Dotted-line manage the development team (in partnership with Engineering Manager)
- Monitor team health, workload and recognize extra effort
- Guide departmental planning (i.e. initiative planning, sprint/iteration, release planning, roadmap)
- Create and help implement process improvements across groups and advocate for the team
- 5+ years of project/program management experience in a tech company
- Experience with software type projects
- Experience in multiple project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience
- Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
- Bachelor's degree
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We look forward to receiving your application!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.