This job might no longer be available.
Program Manager, Apex Legends CGD
3 months ago
Program Manager – Apex Legends Competitive Gaming
Based in Chatsworth, CA
Reports to Apex Legends Competitive Gaming Commissioner
We are building a global team to strategically drive competitive gaming for Apex Legends. We are looking for passionate, determined, and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. Together we will inspire the world to play competitively and make stars of all our players.
A key part of the team is the Program Manager. As the Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading operational activities that will shape the success of Apex Legends Competitive Gaming initiatives. Your collaborative mindset will help build partnerships both internally and externally. You’ll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to drive the business forward by focusing on what excites our players and drives engagement.
- Drive operational execution planning across all phases of events and projects by tracking deliverables, workflow, defined processes, risks, and mitigations.
- Ensure internal and external alignment on overall execution plans and individual dependencies
- Report detailed status of all executional plans at regular intervals, escalating urgent issues in a timely manner.
- Improve processes to optimize efficiency
- Maintain and publish event, project-related and business-related KPIs
- Hold the team accountable to milestones, deliverables, and objectives
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with internal cross functional teams, such as Competitive Gaming Operations, Asia Competitive Gaming, Finance, and Web
- Coordinate all executional plans with cross functional teams, proactively sharing executional status and program updates as appropriate.
- Provide support to 3rd party tournament operators by tracking responsibilities and communicating best practices
- Perform critical team tasks such as creating and tracking purchase orders, and scheduling and agenda building of team meetings
- 3+ years of program management or project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supreme organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to multitask, and maintain composure
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing large complex projects
- Strong leadership qualities and proven track record of success
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills across all levels of an organization
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking
- Self-motivated Individual with an ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to build strong relationships based on mutual trust
- Ability to work on call, work on weekends, and travel internationally
- Passion for Apex Legends or Competitive Gaming
- Prior Esports experience
- Fluency in more than 1 language
EA is a n equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are proud of the great perks we offer, like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to execute world-class competitive gaming programs, we offer excellent compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
We look forward to receiving your application!