Program Director, Portfolio Governance & Operations
10 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What we are looking for:
2K is looking for an experienced Program Director to help lead and improve upon our delivery practices, methodologies, and program governance. This role delivers measurable impact to the business by ensuring their organization discovers, develops, and implements better ways to support both our teams and internal customers to be more effective and efficient. The ideal candidate needs to have exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the portfolio objectives and maintain alignment with business strategy. You should have extensive experience implementing new SDLC processes, possess superior analytical abilities and expert product judgment. You will have a technical background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and great project management and communication competencies.
What you will do:
- Owns multiple strategic focus areas for the organization and delivers a measurable and significant business impact
- Enhances the culture of the department
- Ensures organization is delivering substantial impact to the business by aligning strategy and execution
Planning & Governance
- Extends our decision horizon and drives accountability by facilitating & coordinating quarterly planning, goal setting, and retrospectives
- Decomposes ambiguous strategic goals into programs and projects and ensure the team understands and executes to deliver results.
- Tracks the OKR process across the organization; helping teams articulate goals that support the desired outcomes.
- Manages portfolio level issues and risks across product teams, helping to remove barriers
- Defines and Maintains ongoing Governance (reporting, monitoring, escalation, controls)
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis and define options and recommendations, and ultimately deliver value
Communication and Collaboration
- Develops close relationships with stakeholders across the organization and impacts our business by connecting the right people to implement timely solutions
- Be the critical link between multiple teams; facilitating communications, opening the flow of information, and sharing important progress updates to ensure all teams involved are focused on successful delivery
- Understands deliverables and dependencies across the organization
- Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals
- Develops, maintains, and manages to metrics which demonstrate the health and performance of both our teams and projects
- Ensures supporting tool sets align to our internal processes and desired outcomes
- Researches new technologies to stay abreast of industry trends and standards
- Will help manage the traceability for program spending, audit and compliance, forecasting expenses, and measurement.
- Manages vendor relationships, contracts, and deliverables as required
- Owns relevant contract negotiations
What you need:
- Ability to form relationships and work cross-functionally with diverse leaders
- Proven experience managing effective governance in an agile methodology framework
- Able to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong ability to design and implement dashboards; ability to analyze data and present it in a way that tells a story
- Comfortable with ambiguity, can handle the unexpected with flexibility
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work with a collaborative approach and build trust with others
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Familiarity with the use of reporting tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of collaboration and project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Miro, and ServiceNow
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.