IT Operations Engineer
San Francisco, CA
8 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
- Scope, build & manage advanced service monitoring & reporting systems. Delivering real-time monitoring and alerting results for all production systems in the Twitch corporate environment. Work to successfully build metrics-driven approach to application and service monitoring, including capacity planning and escalations into infrastructure teams.
- Function as On-call engineer for changes & outages. The first point of contact for customer escalations for downed corporate services.
- Driving the evolution of operational excellence through process, documentation and accountability & ownership.
- Develop tools to support and promote the management of production environment through logging, alerting, smoke testing, complex actions and the development of metrics.
- A history of resolving complex support issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to writing and improving support procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines.
- Ability to perform advanced system administration activities and are a subject expert in at least one area of technology.
- The ability to evaluate new technology; deploy and maintain new services.
- The ability to analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact to the business.
- Have a strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Adaptability in learning and deploying new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP,
- Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills / certification
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP)
- Have hands on experience with MDF/IDF Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.