Production Manager/Project Manager
14 days ago
You’re super organized and a people person? We have the perfect opportunity for you! As a project manager, your mission is to maximise the team’s performance and help them achieve their goals. You will oversee one or more teams depending on the scope of the project. You will act as a coach and work in collaboration with the content and technical managers as well as the multidisciplinary production team to support them and ensure that we are continuously improving.
What it means in a day to day scenario
- You help your team members so they understand the work philosophy inspired by Scrum and the iterative production process for the teams who work by iteration or Kanban for the teams that produce content (e.g. animations, 3D models, visual effects, audio, etc.);
- You give visibility to Product Owner, the content manager and the technical manager on the progress of your team. The objective is to allow the team to make the right decisions to improve the content and adapt the scope;
- You support the team in the different stages defined for production, from planning deliverables to retrospective in order to promote continuous improvement;
- You support the team in the elaboration of the delivery plan, in the definition of expectations and you encourage them to adapt according to their velocity and the project priorities;
- As a coach, you teach your team members to resolve their blockers and manage their dependencies with other teams or other participants;
- You help the team protect the goals they are committed to;
- You make sure that your team understands what is needed and anticipates the issues so that the content manager and the project management team can make the necessary decisions.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in project management, administration, or equivalent;
- Professional experience in an agile environment (Lean, Kanban, Scrum. Experience in the video game industry is a plus);
- Understanding of the agile values and mentality;
- Knowledge of the Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Teams, etc.) and of the project management software (e.g. Jira). *
- Ability to coach a team so it can achieve its deliverables and priorities in the short, medium and long term;
- A collaborative, attentive, empathic and solution-oriented spirit;
- Excellent time management, organization, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness and great flexibility;
- Capacity to support change.
What you send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.