This job might no longer be available.
Production Manager, Marketing Creative Services
1 month ago
Niantic produces a variety of creative assets to help build excitement and interest in our games and company through the creation of hero art, demo videos, in game promotions, merchandise, live event activations, social media assets, and more. We do this with cross-functional internal teams of artists, designers, writers; and with various external vendors and design agencies. The production manager role is here to help the team navigate this complexity.
At the core of the production manager position is the need to “keep the trains running” on time and on budget. In other words, you’ll be the person that knows the status of the two-dozen projects in flight at any time, and whether we have the resources to take on any additional projects. You’ll also carefully analyze each incoming request to determine how it fits within the existing pipeline, identify who is best suited to do the work, and set clear expectations on timeline and availability with cross-functional requesters. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Serve as the central point of contact for marketing asset requests and approvals across multiple products and teams.
- Prioritize and assign incoming asset requests to internal artists and external resources taking into account available bandwidth and skills required to deliver high quality assets on schedule.
- Represent the marketing creative services team in cross-product and cross-functional meetings.
- Manage vendor orders including software, hardware and contractor needs.
- Attend meetings, take notes and track progress of deliverables.
- Lead vendor selection, negotiation, coordination including contracts, purchase orders, and invoice approvals.
- Oversee team calendars and schedule departmental meetings.
- 5+ years experience in a production management or traffic manager role and/or related experience at an advertising or design agency.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You will be the backstop of all the little details that go into getting something created, produced, delivered.
- Ability to use critical reasoning to identify creative solutions for complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-starter, a quick learner and highly flexible.
- Proficiency with Asana, G Suite, and Slack.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of the creative process.
- Experience with Jira.
- Familiarity with mobile games and/or the app development process.
- General interest in AR technology.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.