This job might no longer be available.
Production Manager - Helix
4 months ago
As a Production Manager at Ubi MTL, you will join a new team specializing in the production of cutscenes for our games developed in our Canadian studios, games recognized for their quality such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
While overseeing your direct reports, you’re responsible for defining, planning, prioritizing, communicating, and tracking project deliverables. You have a wide perspective of the production floor: a realistic grasp of our capabilities, a thorough understanding of interdependencies, knowledge of the actionable steps to get to our goals, and awareness of where to focus our energy. You see to it that your team is prepared and able to ship quality features and content to our players – on time and in a supportive environment.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision & requirements.
- Define and plan the project scope of your specific deliverables (e.g. level art, audio, UI, VFX, mission, economy, gameplay rules, etc.), creating the production schedule and developing strategies.
- Regularly meet with your team to allocate tasks, discuss progress and setbacks, communicate milestones, prioritize deliverables, present updates, address concerns, give direction, gather feedback, etc.
- Track, monitor, and analyze the production schedule; rescoping & adjusting your strategies when need be.
- Provide your team with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (documentation, tools, pipelines, reviews, communication channels, etc.).
- Organize the approvals and debugging of deliverables + keep team leads up to date on progress and issues.
- Sync up with other production managers to ensure consistency, remove blockers, and mitigate risks.
- Prepare and evaluate post-mortems to continuously improve our production processes.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
- Carry out the annual evaluations of your team members.
What you bring
- Management experience or related experience (experience in the video game industry or as a scrum master an asset)
- Knowledge of the Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) + familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)*
- Ability to balance shifting short-term priorities and long-term goals
- A highly collaborative, attentive, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
* Knowledge of agile principles a plus
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.