Production Leader, External Development
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
21 days ago
Job Title:Production Leader, External Development
We are looking for a Production Leader to tank some of the games that we think you might know using an approach which focuses on building our external development capabilities and leading a team to push the boundaries of some of our games.
Our backgrounds may be diverse, but we all share the same passion: bringing the world together through epic experiences. We value communication and collaboration, and most importantly, we want to get things done and try things that seem impossible at first blush. Don’t apply if you are afraid to fail, and more importantly, don’t apply if you aren’t willing to try. If you have a genuine passion for production, helping teams get things done, and making great games, this may be your opportunity.
This is a new opportunity reporting to an executive leader. Your potential future would have direct reports: it will be a small crew, but an opportunity to help build the crew. Make no mistake: it will be challenging, require honest dialog and smart thinking, and most importantly it will be fun and rewarding. Experience with humane, compelling leadership, the ability to think creatively while crafting substance from ether, and a background in producing modern pipelines are greatly valued. A comprehensive understanding of multi-team, multi-site development is an absolute must.
Working with discipline leadership and other producers, you’ll be driving the development process for various teams and initiatives. You have prior experience in game development and a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts. Self-direction and follow-up skills are necessary, as is the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions. Excellent communication and project management skills are critical along with a passion for expanding external development. Swift and consistent follow-up and constant drive for efficiency are key.
- Along with local and remote producers, drive the development process across multiple disciplines and multiple studios
- Ensure coordination between game teams, both local and remote
- Think and execute strategically on long-term project priorities, dependencies, and conflicts
- Facilitate communication, organization, and accountability
- Remove roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent developers or other teams from achieving established goals
- Champion processes that support creative development
- Communicate frequently with producers as well as with production and team leadership on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Render and report progress in a timely and understandable manner
- Manage relationships with other departments at Blizzard Entertainment
- Partner with the EP and drive the leads towards accomplishing the goals of the team
What will it take to be successful in this role? An intellectual and emotional understanding of the complexities of developing a triple A title along with a genuine enthusiasm for the creative process. Deep experience working with and coordinating multiple teams across multiple studios and time zones. We’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today. Previous experience we’d like to see:
- 5-10+ years of game production experience
- Must have shipped at least one AAA game in a producer or senior producer role
- Able to build, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Ability to simplify complex schedules for people that just want to know what’s going on
- Comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to drive towards clarity
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Knowledge of modern software development process, project management, and production processes and the experience to know when not to use them
- An understanding of modern production software. For example, Jira and Confluence.
- Previous management experience
- Fun to work with
Team Name:Classic Games