14 days ago
Do you get a thrill from throwing yourself into difficult problems with unclear solutions? Do you like being a nexus of information and capability across test, design, and engineering workflows? Have you written scripts to tell your computer to do your work for you? Are you a renaissance person, always looking to learn something new making sure others have a pathway to that knowledge as well?
Production Engineers are force multipliers who use their expertise across Bungie systems and their passion for supporting others to augment the studio's effectiveness at shipping high quality content. As a Production Engineer, you will find yourself to identify improvements to our workflows and unblock and provide desk-side support to content creators often on tight deadlines. You will use this experience both to be an advocate for content creators to the Engineering org and to find workable short-term solutions and pushing for meaningful long-term solutions to prevent the issues from happening again. You will often work autonomously as you navigate a multitude of evolving workflows for the teams you support.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Solve unexpected and difficult problems in unfamiliar areas, often in times of crisis
- Support small to medium sized teams in day-to-day work
- Identify and drive workflow and process improvements
- Test and verify usability of in-development workflows
- Perform complex set up of in-game assets and scripts
- Create and maintain documentation on proprietary tool sets
- Write tools and scripts to improve content creation efficiency and quality
- Service-oriented mentality
- Quick learner in unfamiliar areas
- High levels of autonomy and proactivity
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical developers
- Demonstrable scripting or object-oriented programming experience
- Experience with Windows command line and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with source control software, especially Perforce
- Experience working on a AAA game
- Technical Art or Computer Science education or applicable work experience
- Desk-side technical support experience
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation applications (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Wwise)
- Familiarity with game development suites (Unity, Unreal)
- Familiarity with end user UR or UX best practices