Stockholm 118 66 SE
24 days ago
As a Production Director in our publishing department, you will be one of the key leaders at Paradox – managing a great team of Producers and setting them up for success in delivering acclaimed games.
You do this by first solidifying the foundation of production at Paradox, through visions and strategic plans developed in collaboration with your fellow Producers, as well as business and marketing leaders within the company.
Then, you coach and guide your team throughout our many exciting projects, identifying and managing key risks along the way, helping resolve the simple and complex challenges they may encounter. You help your team members answer the right questions at the right time, ensuring production is always moving in the right direction, and according to our strategic goals and development processes.
As a leader and people manager, you believe great games start with great people, and you are passionate about building high-performing and happy teams. You inspire collaboration between your Producers, their studios and our fellow departments – not only through developing our processes and frameworks, but also through relationship-building and cultural understanding, because you understand how all of these factors play together to lay the foundation for success.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Play a key role in forming the strategic vision and plan for our portfolio
- Develop long-term staffing plans for Producers, in accordance with the portfolio plans
- Carry out the recruitment process necessary to fulfill the staffing plans
- Drive and implement continuous improvements of the departments, pertaining to process, culture, or any other aspects relevant to department goals and performance
- Guide Producers through the Paradox Development Framework, and formally evaluate their projects at each gate
- Set your team members up for success, providing them with personal coaching and leadership
- Manage the career and personal development of your team members
- At least 8 years of experience in relevant position within game development, as well as 3 years in a managerial role
- Strong interest and experience in playing video games, preferably in one of our genres: Strategy (e.g. Stellaris, Age of Wonders), RPG (Bloodlines 2) and Management (Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
On a personal level, you are a great communicator both verbally and in writing. You have a great ability to explain complex problems in digestible form, and coach your team members through complex situations. You constantly seek out other people and departments for collaboration and alignment, and always interact in a respectful and understanding manner.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.