Production Director (Cinematics)
Montreal QC ca
11 days ago
As a Production Director at Ubi MTL, you’ll create and manage a centralized team specialized in producing cinematics for our games developed by our Canadian studios, renowned for having shipped successful titles such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
In addition to ensuring the smooth functioning of the cinematics department, you’ll be responsible for setting up a new team that will respond as efficiently as possible to the specific needs of each of our productions. It’ll be up to you to define strategies, find resources, manage budgets and schedules, and bring stakeholders together to deliver impressive, large-scale cinematics. To achieve this, you can count on the support of our in-house mocap studio, collaboration with development teams, and partnership with La Forge, Ubisoft Montreal's R&D department, to implement the most efficient tools to set the standard for quality in the industry.
What you’ll do
- Define and execute strategies to create and evolve the cinematics department (develop its organizational structure, manage budgets, create communication plans, etc.).
- Work closely with production core team members to understand the overall vision and requirements of games-in-development.
- Evaluate the project scope of each production (timelines, constraints, risks, etc.) + implement action plans to handle any delays that could affect content quality.
- Regularly meet with your cinematics team to organize the work to be done, discuss progress, overcome obstacles, provide feedback, etc.
- Evaluate and adapt our efforts to continuously optimize our processes.
- Stay up to date on cinematic production management trends to develop our best practices.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or equivalent
- At least 10 years of production or project management experience in the video game or multimedia industry (or other relevant experience)
- In-depth knowledge of cinematics development and the video game production process
- Strong ability to influence change & drive to carry it out
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented spirit
- Effective presentation skills (you're able to efficiently present and explain your ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences, including executives)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in French and English, to interact with collaborators throughout our Canadian studios)
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and motivation to improve the status quo
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.