Guildford England United Kingdom
10 days ago
With a passion to deliver incredible game experiences, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are growing and are looking for new blood to join our latest project!
We’re looking for someone who is currently a senior artist – a production designer, art director or art lead within games or digital production - who is looking to take that next step on their career journey and take on this role.
You must be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a proven track record of delivering high quality production design for sets, props and costumes within either TV/Film or Video Games.
We want a creative visionary able to bring a depth of knowledge for visual storytelling that incorporates a range of art and visual design experience. And you’ll need to have a collaborative personality to develop a shared vision for the game in conjunction with the game’s Creative Director.
In other words, you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A Wide Range of Experience - Experience with delivering amazing visuals in either TV/film or games. Qualifications and industry experience with an associated portfolio to match
- Enthusiasm - A passion for games and experience with a range of genres and art styles, across different platforms.
- A Team Player - Experience working with teams both in house and freelance and across disciplines
- A Communicator - The ability to communicate and deliver strong visual storytelling through concept, mood boards, plans and models
- A Depth of Knowledge - in art and design, including characters, storyboarding and camera framing, world building/architecture, hair and makeup, costume design and product design, visual effects, colour theory and lighting
- A Collaborator - An ability to collaborate with leads and production partners in all aspects of visual design maintaining strong art direction and shared product vision
- Skills - Excellent art skills to develop style guides to communicate a shared vision to both internal and outsource partners
- Bonus Skills - Ideally you will have familiarity with game development art pipelines and tools and have technical knowledge of game production and workflows.
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative