2 days ago
The Production Coordinator’s main role is to provide assistance and support to the management of the project from pre-production through post-production. The Coordinator is assigned to a specific department or group of departments and is an integral part of the production management structure of the team.
- Plan the workload for the assigned department(s) in collaboration with the corresponding Supervisor.
- Assign resources to planned tasks.
- Prepare and provide the necessary elements for the artists and supervisors.
- Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in a project tracking tool to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and supervisors to keep all data accurate and current.
- Management of the artistic team: ensure that deadlines are met for each task assigned, daily verifications and adjustments of schedules.
- Understands the department(s) and works with Production Supervisor and Department Head to maintain and manage the department schedule.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor and Department Head to set the priorities of the department taking into account the priorities of the project that are established by the Production Supervisors and the Production Manager.
- Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining quotas, deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met. Generate weekly report from department quota. Bring concerns about potential schedule or budget overruns to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
- Communicates with other departments regarding department needs
- Stays abreast of issues on the floor and elevates information appropriately to Supervisor.
- Prepare daily reports on the progress of tasks (to do/in progress/left to do), approvals and problems in the department(s);
- Responsible for multiple daily review sessions, as well as client reviews.
- Attend and participate in production meetings with the supervisors.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews. Set up materials for reviews and ensure all parties have the relevant information. Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Review all incoming notes for department relevance and distribute as needed
- Willing to take on new challenges in order to have a more detailed knowledge of the department and pipeline.
- Mentor the Production Assistants.
- Helps maintain a positive team environment.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time while remaining efficient and mindful of strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and word processing skills: thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Project would be considered an asset.
Nice to have:
- Ability to anticipate problems related to the project’s development as a whole.
- Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills.
- High level of initiative, flexibility and confidence.
- Knowledge of an asset manager such as Shotgun is considered an asset or the ability to adopt and learn new software quickly
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent education, Project Management certificate or a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Tangent Animation is a high-end feature animation studio focused on delivering the best creative with the industries top talent. Our locations are Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted