12 days ago
The Primary focus of our VFX Production Coordinator will be communicating and coordinating between multiple pipeline steps on a given project as well as scheduling, running dailies and taking notes during meetings. The Production Coordinator will report to the Producer and Production manager, while also working with other coordinators to keep the project organized and efficient. Coordinators will work closely with VFX Supervisors and Leads in scheduling and managing the artist group’s work on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring milestones and deadlines are being met and updating the Producer and Production Manager on a timely and regular basis.
- Work closely with Supervisors and Leads to schedule for all departments and managing dependencies between departments.
- Review task assignments and approval status daily (including offsite artists and vendors).
- Work with Production Manager and Producer to establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments and priorities to overall show crew on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- Ensure work is on schedule and is meeting internal as well as external (client) milestones and deadlines.
- Check in with artists on a regular basis about workload, targets, needs etc.
- Setup turnovers and communicate turnover information to all artists assigned (for both assets and shots).
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries.
- Work with Production Manager and Producer to compile weekly status reports summarizing progress, risks and issues.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to help reach solutions in a timely manner
- Liaise directly with Producer, VFX Supervisor, and Leads.
- Act as main point person for organizing and running dailies/shot reviews. Take accurate and thorough notes for feedback and decisions made during meetings and dailies and communicate to all teams involved.
- General administration and organisation tasks.
- The ideal person will have a strong enthusiasm and commitment to work within VFX production.
- A positive attitude is essential, especially in the face of challenges and pressure.
- Ability to successfully communicate and deal with multiple personalities and help manage a diverse team.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems, offer possible solutions is crucial.
- This role will require working on tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a production based environment.
- VFX/CG related production experience is a bonus.
- Attention to detail will be key to help carry out all the above responsibilities efficiently.