6 days ago
In this role, you'll be collaborating directly with everyone at the studio to help us efficiently scale up new programs to players as we launch our first title and help optimize internal processes. You'll get to dip your toes in a lot of different spaces, experience all stages of game development, and directly impact the success of the launches of our titles. This role is intended as either entry level for someone looking to break into the industry, or someone with a few years under their belt who'd be excited to join a team rapidly approaching the launch of their first title.
Applications for this role will be open until Friday, August 5th, 2022, at which point we'll take the role offline as we go through our first batch of candidates, so please apply before that date. Because this is an entry level role, only candidates from within Canada will be considered.
- Curious - You approach new problems with an open mind and hunger to learn, even if it's something entirely new to you.
- Team Player - You're able to identify when your teammates need help, and are comfortable being proactive in reaching out to assist in any way that you can.
- Detail Oriented - The tasks you take on will often require rigor and attention to the minor details that can easily be missed.
- Passionate Gamer- You'll be working on a lot of player facing projects, so an understanding of games, and the people who play them is critical for the role.
***If you're applying as an entry level candidate don't worry about not having professional experience, but PLEASE note in your cover letter or resume things that you did to go above and beyond. Show portfolios you've worked on, game jam games you've built, links to tournaments that you coordinated or ran - anything that shows you can take passion for someone and turn it into action will go a long way.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Unlimited paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company as well as a week off between Christmas and New Years.
- Stock options in an early stage startup as well as competitive salaries
- Relocation assistance to Waterloo
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
The studio is comprised of experienced devs from a large number of studios and games such as League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Apex Legends, Call of Duty, Warframe and many more. We're a small, talent dense team that is looking to make accessible yet deep PvP games that are played by players all over the world by building games with them from the earliest points in our development process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.