17 days ago
This opportunity is for a 12-month temporary full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through mid-2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Production Coordinator to join our team. We are a well-established independent game developer who has worked with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim, Overwatch and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch.
As a Production Coordinator, you will work with the development team to create production schedules, track project deliverables, coordinate team logistics to help drive goals, and contribute to fostering a positive team culture. You will work closely with the various game teams to ensure that development runs smoothly and assist in communication between the departments, helping the teams stay on task with ongoing projects. You may assist on one project at a time or, based on our needs, work on multiple smaller projects at once.
We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees. We expect a lot from our team, but offer the support, coaching, mentorship, and variety to make great game developers out of every person that joins our studio.
This opportunity is for a 12 month temporary full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
What you will do
Produce great games!
- Support the production team in creating, organizing, and maintaining project task lists and deliverables
- Assist in updating high level and near-term schedules
- Schedule and participate in meetings, take detailed notes, and help with documentation
- Organize and maintain project documentation library
- Maintain team information, project Confluence pages, hardware allocations, and assist with onboarding new developers
- Help resolve access or hardware issues that may be blocking the team
Deliver for our partners
- Effectively communicate project status and needs to internal project stakeholders
- Work with QA to triage bugs and assist in build deliveries
- Foster collaboration with partners by looking for positive solutions to all problems
- Be a great collaborator
- Keep production team up to date on project status, milestones, and risks
- Facilitate discipline and cross discipline communication and ensure information is shared in a timely fashion
- Contribute to an environment that creates a positive team experience and high morale
- Previous Production experience in a creative industry/environment
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents, and production processes/best practices
- Time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and love for the tiniest details
- Solid decision-making capabilities with a demonstrable ability to think outside the box
- Proactive and effective problem solver
- Genuine sense of curiosity and a growth mindset. Continuously seek out knowledge and learning opportunities