11 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is looking for a production assistant to join our production teams.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Production Assistant in Funcom, you will be working closely with producers, leads, and project directors to “make things happen” in the development teams. You will be taking care of all the small things that often fall between the cracks, to make sure the dev teams can work fluently. For this position, we seek a service-minded and technically inclined person that comes across as approachable, professional, detailed oriented and organized.
This position is located at the Funcom Lisbon studio in Portugal. Although we will adhere to the work-from-home situation, the successful candidate will be expected to join daily onsite studio work once the current restrictions are lifted.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Assisting the Producer s /Director s /Project Managers with a varied range of tasks
- Assis t development teams on reach ing internal deadlines, submissions, and releases .
- Helping Producers/Directors/Project Managers with making plans and managing jira tasks .
- O rgani zing and facilitating playtests , demos/presentations, and team events.
- Help the development teams on coordinat ing communication .
- C reating and updating documentation of production workflow and pipeline .
- Making sure that the development team can work fluently and without hassle.
- Ordering and follow-up of hardware, software and licenses , as well as catering for the teams when needed .
- Contribut ing to onboarding new team members to the different team s .
- Helping people that have hardware problems.
- Helping organize offices and help keep the offices tidy.
We are looking for someone that is:
- Service minded.
- Computer (win or win+linux ) experience.
- Analytical mind ed .
- Mindful about work ethics.
- A fast learner able to quickly pick up new software and tools such as Excel and Jira.
- Currently based in Lisbon or willing to relocate once Covid situation allows for it
- Passionate about video games and interested on learning about game development .
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.