7 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Assist the Production and Development team in analyzing the status and quality of games, as well as assisting Product Development team with day-to-day production tasks. This could include taking screenshots, analyzing competing products, organizing, and running focus tests for products in development, etc.
What You Will Do
- Play iterative builds and analyze/report issues and progress to the Product Development team
- Assist the Product Development team with milestone review and feedback
- Keep managers appraised of status on assigned tasks and escalate problems as needed
- Document challenging products through competitive analysis
- Organize market research on behalf of the Product Development team
- Coordinate and assist with focus testing, outsourcing, and other external parties
- Support Product Development team via daily requests for file transfers, disc burning, build management, and other tasks
- Assist in material gathering for age ratings and Legal Clearance
- Keep up to date on trends in the game industry and entertainment industry
- Creation of game assets for use by other divisions – screenshots, videos, etc.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- In-depth knowledge of PC/Console games required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project preferred
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly and without missing a stride as well as proactively seek out knowledge or training they might not have
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Highly organized. Able to keep on an assigned track without constant supervision
- Capable of multitasking and managing several important items at once, without allowing anything to be lost in the process
- Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.