This job might no longer be available.
Production Accountant, Global Broadcast
Los Angeles, CA, United States
8 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, and impeccably organized production accountant to assist with the financial management Blizzard projects. The position will interface with leadership and stakeholders across the organization, with a focus on the financial and operations departments.
This position is responsible for managing accounting processes and industry-specific workflow for Activision Blizzard Esports and other assigned projects. The ideal candidate will understand both project accounting and corporate accounting, be able to easily translate data from one structure to another and will excel at problem-solving and complex collaboration. Being self-motivated with good follow-up skills are a must, as well as a strong background in entertainment production accounting.
- Review, track, and report on financials for complex, company-wide projects with a heavy focus on Blizzard’s epic experiences
- Safeguard all project spending through detailed and careful reconciliation of expenses to ensure funds are spent accurately, wisely, and responsibly
- Manage the finalized production budget on a day-to-day basis
- Utilize and improve complex financial tracking system for managing cost allocations across multiple entities, departments, products, and financial periods
- Create and present financial and operational reports to guide strategic decisions
- Partner with business operations team to facilitate vendor onboarding and management
- Reconcile prepaid cards and corporate credit cards
- Receive, organize, approve, and submit PO requests for project-specific vendors and contractors
- Execute and manage the actualization of project budgets on a weekly basis
- Assist line producer(s) and business operations team with budget creation and projections
- 5+ years of experience in Production Accounting or Project Accounting
- Proven experience managing schedules and project resources to achieve desired results on time
- Understanding of Broadcast, Events, and Production needs/challenges
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, & Outlook
- Experience tracking entertainment payroll and adhering to state labor laws
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Love of learning and growing
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business
- Proficient in Showbiz Budgeting
- Passion for Esports and Gaming
- Experience working as a Production Accountant in the Esports or Gaming Industry
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!