This job might no longer be available.
Product Quality Control Engineer
18 days ago
Job Posting TitleProduct Quality Control Engineer
SummaryThe Product Quality Control Engineer’s role is vital to meeting the company's key priorities and strategic goals. The Product Quality Control Engineer's responsibilities include completing and delivering quality software submissions to Independent Test Labs and Regulators for certification, collaborating with internal stakeholders to improve on the delivery of quality products and providing technical support to internal stakeholders, Independent Test Labs, Regulators, and customers.
What you'll do
- Accountable for the completion of product submission packages that will be submitted to ITL’s for certification/approval.
- Must deliver submission packages within 5 days turnaround time.
- Submission package completion and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Compilation, signing and burning of software. Ensuring that the appropriate amount of software is burned for submission.
- Ensuring database information entered for software is complete and accurate. This includes but not limited to any return to player percentages, odds, awards and product configuration information.
- Review product documentation to ensure it’s accuracy.
- Ensuring that all required associated software is accounted for, packaged and submitted along with with submission.
- Continue to drive down “withdrawl activities” by doing a quick sweep of the product to make sure it passes commonly known regulatory standards, quality standards and product assets/docs are accurate and complete as can be.
- Accountable for maintenance of software repository and burning program.
- Ensure that approved/certified software components have been uploaded into program.
- Ensure that only approved/certified component sets are released to integration centres.
- Make sure obsolete/revoked software is removed before uploading newer approved/certified software versions.
- Accountable for software database maintenance.
- Ensure that information entered in database is as accurate as possible.
- Responsible for correcting database entries if they are incorrect.
- Accountable for compiling emulation HD for regulators that require it.
- Some jurisdictions require pre-made emulation HDs.
- Emulation HDs must have games already compiled and ready to be emulated.
- Ensure test scripts and emulation docs are accurate.
- Accountable for answering all queries from internal stakeholders, regulators, or customers.
- Ensure all questions or queries from internal stakeholders, regulators or customers are answered within a timely manner.
- This includes but not limited to technical support, software documentation, and testing queries.
- Accountable for software requests from other departments.
- All requests should be completed in a timely manner. Software burn requests includes the following:
- Master software copies for integration centre
- Tradeshows and showrooms
- Cabinet/Hardware/Internal Stakeholder testing
- Accountable for any other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Requires an Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Requires a minimum of 6 months experience in Quality Assurance testing in a client/server environment, or its equivalent.
- Experience in executing test cases and test scripts from Functional Specifications or Business Rules.
- Experienced with slot machines, accounting systems, peripherals, progressive controls and associated hardware, software, and firmware.
- Test automation techniques, implementation, and tools expertise. Examples include proprietary slot OS tools/routines, and emulation tools such as GDB and MK7eye.
- Proficient in using Linux, burning various media types, and familiar with reading/understanding C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data query and analysis techniques.
- Must be a team player, able to work independently with minimal supervision and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and be team oriented.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.