11 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of novel legal issues across the entire company. Support several teams across our business on product launches, marketing programs, potential disputes and litigations, responses to governmental authorities, enforcement, privacy issues, and intellectual property matters. You will build relationships with collaborators, drive projects, and have fun tackling complex issues arising from a global service for user generated content. You will report to our Assistant General Counsel.
- Provide responsive, and customer-focused user support in response to customer inquiries to Legal managed email inboxes concerning legal questions or escalations from our customer support and trust & safety / content moderation teams.
- Assist counsel in managing subpoenas, potential disputes, litigation, enforcement matters, and regulatory inquiries.
- Conduct detailed factual investigations, collect relevant records, and create accurate and complete reports.
- Respond to trademark infringement claims, investigate potential IP infringement, and partner with counsel to pursue enforcement.
- Help manage privacy-related projects and responding to customers' privacy-related inquiries.
- Review marketing and promotional materials to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable legal requirements on content clearance, messaging, and disclosures.
- Design, develop and simplify legal processes to increase efficiency, support scalability, and ensure quality (such as established and documented SOPs and reporting against service level agreements).
- Manage legal projects and outside counsel for quality assurance, compliance, and progress against goals.
- Work with legal team members to improve processes, provide training, and ensure needs are met.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and paralegal certificate
- 5+ years of paralegal work or equivalent experience , with at least some experience in a company setting
- Experience supporting one or more areas identified above (customer inquiries, disputes and litigation, regulatory responses, intellectual property enforcement, marketing clearance, project management, or privacy) within a law firm or in-house legal department
- A curious, critical thinker , with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multitask and manage competing demands
- Passionate about inventing or improving good processes to grow legal operations
- High level of comfort with technology and Internet services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills , collegial attitude, and desire to work on a collaborative team
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.