15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Product Owner. Our group develops software for the PlayStation Network. We build large internal enterprise applications which support PS5, PS4, Web and more. Our environment is fast paced, agile and we use some of the latest tools out there. Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction, and entertainment content distribution platform!
- Work closely with Engineering team and Product Management to deliver features
- Translate features into user stories, create mockups and identify technical dependencies
- Collaborate with multiple teams to negotiate and streamline requirements to build scalable solutions
- Exercise influence with thoughtful and tactful communication to drive decisions
- Manage team backlog, dependencies and risks based on priority driven by Product Management and Engineering leadership
- Participate in SAFe ceremonies including planning and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Act as the primary liaison between engineering and Product Management
- Take ownership of features during each stage to enable successful delivery
- Demo completed work to large audiences
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise in various production and non-production environments
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
- At least 4+ years of proven experience in a Business Analyst or Product Owner role
- Proven track record to transform features into well-articulated business requirements
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to find sophisticated solutions for complex business requirements
- An understanding of databases and the ability to write basics SQL queries to determine relationship of data within systems
- Ability to articulate complicated requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong organization and communication skills
- Understand agile software development process
- Proficiency in collaboration and agile tools (JIRA, Confluence) is a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.