27 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking a Product Owner to manage the day to day of the team responsible for Piknik, our bundle subscription service. Your main responsibility will be to work with the product manager to establish short and medium term roadmaps and then execute against those plans. In practice this means maintaining the feature backlog, running sprints and doing feature breakdowns and estimates. This is an intermediate position suitable for candidates with at least 3-5 years of related experience.
This role is hybrid and will require your attendance at our downtown, Toronto studio at least one day a week.
You’ll thrive in this role if you…
- Are a skilled technical project manager ready to take on a new challenge.
- Love supporting teams by breaking down complicated projects to help them focus on their immediate work.
- Appreciate the power of a good checklist or spreadsheet.
- Take pride in spotting bugs in the software they use day to day.
- Are a clear and concise communicator.
- Find yourself being the go-to person for answers on the details for projects you work on.
- Deeply care about delivering great experiences to kids and parents.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Run regular sprint meetings with a product team that includes developers, designers and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate the hand off of builds to the QA and release teams.
- Break down new features into tasks and track through to completion.
- Group features and bug fixes into releases.
- Assess and update estimates and risks associated with delivery.
- Stay in constant contact with the team to ensure progress along the way.
- Ensure the team addresses any outstanding questions which might slow down their progress.
- Document new features, requirements and tools.
- Set up and monitor feature experiments pre and post launch.
- Synthesize and share the data and insights around product experiments.
- Work with QA to assess and prioritize bug reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience working as part of a small to medium sized team delivering a b2c digital service.
- Real-world experience managing the day-to-day of agile software development teams.
- Able to quickly dig through and synthesize technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of project management and bug tracking software.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working on mobile apps.
- Experience working with b2c software-as-a-service products.
- Experience using asana for project management.
- Previous experience in software QA and/or technical documentation.
About the Process
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know within a few weeks if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience.
- If that goes well, we’ll have you meet with the hiring manager and members of the team prior to making a decision.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Sago Toys of Spin Master Limited a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.