11 days ago
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Expansive Worlds are looking for a passionate, business minded, and analytical Product Owner, to take business ownership of an unannounced new IP.
As Product Owner, you will drive the future product and commercial development of the new title.
The role includes setting the long-term strategy for the game via representing our players, defining business and quality goals, and working towards maximizing profitability through enabling player & community engagement.
You are used to delivering results within a fast-paced environment. Furthermore, you are able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record of driving solutions cross-functionally. Your knowledge of the business behind video games in general, and how to run a game as a service in particular, is of vital importance, as is the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer-centric data to identify opportunities, merge them with the development roadmap, and evaluate results.
- Be the voice of the product internally, setting the long-term business and development roadmap for the product
- Research, assess, evaluate, and produce business plans and visions for current and future business opportunities
- Interpret customer data and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to a product as well as maximize sales
- Identify new trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Know the audience, evaluate player patterns, and spread insights to internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Work closely with the marketing and development teams to optimize our opportunities and drive towards the set business goals
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Work with the Project Management team to plan capacity utilization
- 7+ years experience in a product role at a tech or gaming company.
- Used to owning and managing a product roadmap, crafting product requirements, and specifications
- Ample knowledge about the video games market, user acquisition, and optimization of the player funnel
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of working in a KPI-focused environment, and delivering ROI
- Experience with forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Fluent English and great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive, responsible and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Passionate about video games
- Ability to travel within, and outside of the EU
- Keen gamer and/or outdoors enthusiast
- Experience working in an international environment
- Basic SQL proficiency
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.