Product Owner [Uplay PC]
Düsseldorf NRW de
15 days ago
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for a dedicated product within our project. A product can be a set of tools, features or services with external and/or internal stakeholders.
In this position, you will be responsible to define and prioritize the Agile Team’s backlog, by gathering requirements from stakeholders, prioritize them, document them accordingly and work with the Agile Team to deliver within the agreed upon timeline.
The Product Owner collaborates closely with the Uplay Management team to define the strategic directions for all products, with the agile team responsible for the delivery, and with stakeholders to understand needs.
Ultimately, you will be the specialist that holds the vision for your product(s) and knows its Return on Investment.
The perfect candidate will have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, and agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product that our platform and services benefit from.
- Work with the Uplay Program Manager and the agile team on establishing a product vision and a roadmap that aligns with the platform’s strategic mission and objectives.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for assigned products.
- Manage the relationship and communication with stakeholders on product related matters.
- Produce, analyze, refine and document stakeholders’ requirements and user stories to be included in the production planning.
- Ensure that the Agile Team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared and prioritized tasks to work on
- Work with the Program Manager and the Agile Team to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies, ensuring a transversal prioritization of the issues that need to be delivered.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories. Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with Uplay Management and provide visibility both within and outside of the Uplay project.
- Collaborate with the Agile Coach (Project Manager) to run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Ensure the product functionality is properly documented
- Ensures a good communication and training strategy on the released features
- Proactively resolves stakeholders’ satisfaction issues
You as a person
We are looking for a person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a major client focus.
It is important you can lead and inspire in a technical environment and collaborate with both technical and non-technical talent. You are driven and passionate about developing a digital distribution platform for games with millions of users and are a structured, result-oriented person. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create, and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. You constantly innovate and improve product quality and group productivity. To succeed, you will need to be excellent of building strong relationships.
- 3+ years of experience in working as an Agile Product Owner, or in a similar position, in a technology or software development company
- knowledge of Agile processes and principles, backlog management techniques (story slicing, story mapping) and metrics (burn down metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time)
- Demonstrable expertise of Project Management fundamentals
- Good knowledge and acumen of IT Technology fundamentals and solutions.
- Proficiency with collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA Agile, Aha or equivalent, SharePoint, Confluence);
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and meeting coordination skills
- Analytical and synthesizing skills
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well structured
- Ability to prioritize activities in the face of competing demands
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis
Nice to have
- Experience with JIRA or similar tools
- Experience with Confluence or similar tools
- Affinity with technology and ability to grasp technical issues on a high level
- Good knowledge of Data & Analytics are a plus
- Certifications as Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are a plus.
- Fluency inFrench is a plus
- Passion for computer games
What we want to offer you:
Our recipe for international success is a blend of diversity and a pioneering spirit
Boldly challenging the status quo, our teams bring tons of experience to AAA games across various platforms and love to develop cutting-edge technologies. Looking to innovate game development in a diverse, fun and collaborative studio with over 30 years of history? Join us.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and duesseldorf.ubisoft.com
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative products we are looking for a Product Owner to join the Uplay team, Ubisoft’s PC gaming and digital distribution platform.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).