Product Owner, Platforms
1 month ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to connect with you.
Overview:We are seeking a dynamic Product Owner with a focus on live operations to join our team and support our flagship website and Arena product. As a crucial member of our product team, you'll collaborate closely with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to bring our product vision to life quickly. Your responsibilities will include refining backlogs, prioritizing features for immediate impact, and advocating for player-focused solutions.With a strong emphasis on data-driven decision-making, you will champion initiatives that promptly respond to player feedback and market changes, refining our product offerings for quick wins. Your agile and responsive contributions will be vital to the rapid growth and continued success of Arkadium. This position reports directly to our Senior Product Manager.
This role is open to candidates based in Portugal. Business hours are 9-18 WEST (UTC+1).
- Collaborate with the VP of Product and Senior Product Manager to manage the daily operations of our platform products.
- Continuously refine the product backlog with stories and epics that strategically target user funnel optimization and bounce rate reduction.
- Prioritize backlog items to maximize development efficiency and cater to evolving customer needs, with a focus on improving the number of visitors who convert to players.
- Take ownership of epics and user stories within the product backlog, with clear acceptance criteria and success metrics aimed at funnel enhancement and user retention.
- Own the short-term product focus by capitalizing on quick wins through a keen analysis of user needs, SEO opportunities, and web games market dynamics.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including partnerships, design, engineering, and marketing, to increase session durations and user return rates.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics in collaboration with the analytics team to drive data-driven product decisions.
- Foster alignment with internal and external stakeholders by communicating product live operation strategies, roadmap updates, and development progress for transparency and shared understanding.
- 3+ years of experience in product management/product ownership, preferably within the gaming or digital content industry.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, UX/UI principles, and agile methodologies.Excellent analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of digital platforms (web, Appstore, etc.).
- Experience with agile or other project management methodologies. Knowledge of how to maintain a backlog, prioritize features based on business and customer impact, implement customers feedback is a must.
- Experience in advertising and/or subscription industry is a plus.
- Experience in casual games is a HUGE plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Meaningful supplemental health insurance (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Meal allowance
- Additional budget for conferences you are interested in
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- Time off from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day so we can all enjoy the holidays
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun
- Summer Fridays: 4 Fridays off throughout the Summer to have more fun in the sun