This job might no longer be available.
Product Owner Marketplace – Blockchain Initiative
11 days ago
The Ubisoft Strategic Innovation Lab is a “think & do tank” reporting directly to Ubisoft’s CEO, Yves Guillemot. Its mission is to prepare Ubisoft to the future of entertainment by exploring social and technical changes to keep the pace of innovation of the gaming industry. To investigate and build the future, the Lab links foresight researches to quick prototyping and deeper exploration when needed.
Convinced that a multidisciplinary team is best suited to dig into medium term and long-term trends, the Lab brings together various profiles such as neuroscientist, sociologist, philosopher, marketing experts, engineer, developers, tech artist, dev ops…
In 2019 one of the Lab’s deep explorations was at the origin of the Blockchain Initiative, a team dedicated to look for blockchain opportunities for Ubisoft and the gaming industry at large. Our mission is to build internal solution, prototypes and products. The B.I. is also working closely with the blockchain ecosystem, thanks to the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs Lab program, a startup incubator in Paris, allowing us to co-create innovative experiences based on startups’ technology or products.
As a Marketplace Product Owner, your role is to lead teams and be responsible for building and improving a product in an innovative and challenging context. To do this, you will work with our in-house experts (Blockchain initiative, IT, web services, store, …) as well as our communities to co-develop a roadmap and grow your marketplace, from concept features to production.
In this regards, your missions are:
- To define the short, middle and long-term product strategy and then drive the roadmap to accomplish it, juggling the different UX, dev and business priorities.
- To guarantee a quality Product Delivery via the role of Product Owner within the team (responsible for the backlog, writing user stories, producing UX models, functional specifications, etc)
- To become the ambassador of the users by listening to them and analyzing their usage data
- To regularly benchmark the practices and innovations of competitors' products. You propose new ideas
Benefiting from a significant experience as a marketplace product owner, you seek to join a company that defines itself as "serious about fun". If the description below defines who you are", by all means contact us!
- Blockchain has no secret for you, ERC-721 and crypto gaming speak to you
- You like to carry a subject and federate around you. In French and English, you connect easily with various interlocutors
- People know you as an excellent listener, able to collect feedback & needs from the community.
- You have strong project management skills and are experienced with Agile method (scrum, Kanban, …), API and you are familiar with tools such as Jira or Sharepoint
The job is located in Saint-Mandé within the international HQ.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.