Product Owner GSG
3 days ago
As a Product Owner, you play a critical role in maximizing the value of the products created by the GSG Tech development teams.You will work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the GSG Tech product roadmap supports the vision of “Building bigger and better games more efficiently” while also meeting the specific feature and development needs of the Grand Strategy Game Teams.
Additionally, you would be responsible for setting and communicating the long-term vision and road map of the products in development by the GSG Tech Team, based on the needs of the project teams building Grand Strategy Games within Paradox. You would also be responsible for putting in place effective processes, evaluating product development progress, and making the GSG Tech Leadership Team aware of blockers and pain-points that are negatively impacting the product teams.
What you will be doing:
- Align the vision and road map of GSG Tech Products, prioritizing between the short term development needs of the GSG product teams and the long term needs of all Grand Strategy Game teams.
- Owning the product backlog, ensuring that it is up to date and prioritized to meet the demands laid out in the road map.
- Gathering needs and opportunities related to tech from a number of stakeholders within PDS, with a focus on ensuring that the requirements set by the game teams provide player value, developer value and/or business value to Paradox. As well as guide and discuss expectations and recommendations of deliveries from GSG Tech to stakeholders.
- Acting as the primary liaison between the product teams and GSG Tech, ensuring that meetings and communications take place to gather the needs of the product teams and to ensure that the teams are informed about the GSG Tech roadmap and any alterations / changes to agreed plans.
- Helping organize and run focused strike-teams / joint feature teams between GSG Tech and projects.
- Evaluating product progress at various stages of development and working with stakeholders to ensure that the features being developed will meet the needs of the users and, if they cannot be delivered on time, an appropriate back-up plan is in place.
As a Part of the GSG Tech Leadership Team you are responsible for...
- Building good working relationships between GSG Tech and the GSG Studios, as well as other departments within PDX (for instance, IT and DevOps).
- Work closely with the GSG Tech Leadership team to support initiatives and projects that the team decides to run in order to improve the department as a whole.
Reports To: Director of GSG Tech
Team(s): GSG Tech Leadership
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.