Product Owner, Defence
18 days ago
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
This is ‘Greenfield’ work and you will have the opportunity to directly impact our platform and what we can offer to Partners and Customers. You will be joining our centralised product team, with the responsibility of establishing and managing valuable partner-facing tooling for our platform.
We develop our product offering through projects delivered collaboratively with partners and with close contact with our customers. Your role will be to uncover and understand the requirements of our technology partners from government, industry and academia and to distill and prioritise these to guide our engineering efforts.
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance
- Identify the key requirements and features for products, and understand their value to customer and partner stakeholders.
- Refine requirements to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
- Work closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers and Engineering managers to analyse and prioritise stories, epics and tasks to deliver the product strategy and value for the business.
- Represent the voice of our partners and customers.
- Lead the development of product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionality.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Proven experience working in a Product focused role, ideally within a technology company.
- A deep technical understanding ideally relating to Software Development or Modelling/simulation.
- Capable of working cross-functionally with both Technical and Non-Technical stakeholders.
- Ability to translate feedback from broad audiences into engineering requirements.
- Having a strong customer focus and exceptional communication skills.
- Current or recent UK security vetting clearance (SC) is advantageous but not mandatory.
Nb: While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.