Product Marketing Manager
14 days ago
The Product Marketing Manager will lead the development and execution of go to market strategies in support of key Pokémon product and brand initiatives, with a specific focus on the Pokémon Center ecommerce platform. Partnering closely with a cross-team of The Pokémon Company International stakeholders, channel leads, and vendor/agency partners to develop marketing plans, inclusive of aligned objectives and KPIs, resulting in creative and engaging outbound marketing campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Partner with the Product Team to understand the product vision, objectives, and intended audience(s) along with key product features and other relevant information.
- Provide product team with feedback and insights from the Marketing perspective
- Ensure communication of key information throughout the broader organization, serving as the product champion
- Lead the extended marketing team in the development of comprehensive marketing plans for product launches, and ongoing support of new feature rollouts, seasonal events, and other marketing activations.
- Measure and optimize campaign results against established business and marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), optimizing future marketing efforts.
- Help build best practices within the marketing org including, but not limited to, campaign planning and development, partner management, communication, and data, analytics, and reporting.
What You Will Bring
- 3 to 7 years of proven experience as a product marketing manager, preferably with a global consumer brand and in the ecommerce field. Experience with marketing games (video and/or physical), mobile games and apps, and/or interactive entertainment, is a bonus.
- Demonstrated consumer marketing experience, with a customer-centric approach in creating marketing plans that include tactical development and execution. Experience should include high-impact ideas created and executed within a paid-earned-owned marketing framework.
- Demonstrated program management skills to oversee and support the creation and implementation of launch and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrable ability to project manage and the ability to oversee multiple projects with various key stakeholders
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Growth Mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses logical reasoning to systematically analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues using data.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Impact and Influence: You have the ability to persuade others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Your strategic influence includes establishing credibility or using data to directly persuade or address a person’s issues or concerns.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Excellence (Quality): Maintains and promotes high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Some travel may be necessary at times.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
to time, as needed.