Product Marketing Manager
6 months ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the newly founded publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Plc. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 11 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to get in at the beginning of Secret Mode’s adventure. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
The role @Secret Mode
You’ll be a part of Sumo’s new publishing wing, responsible for publishing numerous internal and external titles and helping us build the best publisher in the business.
As part of the Secret Mode Marketing department, you’ll be working closely with the Central Marketing team, Creative Services and external marketing agencies to create complete Marketing campaigns for both internally and externally developed games and ensure that these are executed on time and effectively.
The successful candidate will work with game developers to align with their visions and the management of each individual project to ensure it delivers its highest potential as a Secret Mode Title.
Visiting our studios when needed, attending events on behalf of Secret Mode. Including international travel.
This role will be a hybrid of office/work from home, based in offices in Leamington Spa.
A UK work visa is required and relocation assistance will not be provided.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Create and own the product marketing plan for both internally and externally developed games: product positioning, target market analysis, competitor analysis, creative, and the go-to-market strategy across PR, social, sales platforms, web, influencers, digital media advertising, etc
- Manage the execution of marketing plans across digital media campaigns, platform storefronts, social and community, influencer campaigns, PR, events, etc
- Project manage the creation and distribution of all marketing assets with internal creative teams and external agencies: trailers, key art, screen shots, digital banners, etc
- Manage the marketing budget spend per title, ensuring delivery on time and on budget
- Work with game developers to present the marketing strategy and if needed make a case for improving the games to align with the marketing vision
- Track and analyse KPIs and marketing metrics and report to the executive leadership team; using findings to optimise and improve ongoing and future marketing campaigns
- Manage creative, PR, and influencer agencies, write creative briefs, oversee asset production with agency partners
- Represent Secret Mode at trade events and developer events
- Work closely the with the Community Manager to develop ongoing creative content to promote Secret Mode and our company values
To be successful in your new role you will have the following:
- A strong passion for video games and the games industry is a must
- 2-3 years’ experience in digital marketing of video games or relevant industry experience
- CIM accreditation a plus
- Proficient copywriting skills and excellent attention to detail
- Effective communicator and presenter with strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Power Point wizard a plus
- Ability to be flexible on a day-to-day basis with task priority
- Willing to travel for on-site meetings, events, etc
- Get the job done while staying fun
- A high level of motivation and proactivity, with the ability to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement and have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- Collaborator who brings other stakeholders on board with ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work at pace and deliver content to deadline
- Product Marketing Experience
- Problem solving
- Influence & Impact
- Resource Accountability
What We Offer:
· Annual bonus scheme
· Electric car scheme
· Share incentive plan
· Competitive pension
· Flexible and remote working
· Dynamic friendly and inclusive working environment
· Virtual and in person social events, including launch parties, away days and Christmas events
· 27 days annual leave, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas shutdown
· 5 learning days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy courses and the GDC Vault
· Employee referral bonus
· Mentoring and career development, with clear progression plans
· Competitive mat/paternity & adoption leave
· Employee assistance program
· Life assurance of 4x salary
· Income protection of 75%
· A comprehensive and flexible benefit package
· Social Events and Celebrations with the wider Sumo Group
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.