Product Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Global Product Marketing team is seeking a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for informing and strengthening strategy and goals in the near and long term for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing and armed with intuition for business and product knowledge, you will sit on the front line of bringing new products to market and enabling teams to execute against product market strategies.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
As a part of the Platform Marketing team within SIE's Global Marketing division, you will have a unique opportunity to empower the strategies behind market execution of PlayStation consoles. This responsibility is key and your role will partner with Consumer Insights, Analytics, 1st Party Game Marketing, 3rd Party Relations, and Brand Marketing teams. These partnerships will help you develop a holistic understanding of the business and together you will drive detailed product marketing strategies that generate market success for PlayStation and our content partners.
In addition, you will create exec-level presentations to educate the business on a wide range of insights within the PlayStation ecosystem. This will be achieved through your role as a key partner in building insights through consumer research and analytics, performing analysis on potential content marketing decisions, managing global hardware and software roadmaps, and setting success critical metrics.
You have a passion for data driven decisions built from your ability to draw insights from information, and talent for making sense of a complex, and sometimes ambitious, set of considerations. You enjoy building exceptional presentations and a strong aptitude for building comprehensive, strategic recommendations. You are sharp with an analytical mind that can understand and define sophisticated problems with the skill of adjusting perspective from narrow to wide, depending on the circumstances. Your strong relationship-building skills will aid you as you develop close relationships with key internal partners to work through product planning. Led by a desire to put the customer first, you’ll find new ways PlayStation can continue to inspire our customers!
- Support Product Marketing’s annual strategic plan for consoles
- Analyze market and customer dynamics affecting PlayStation platforms
- Develop outstanding executive presentations
- Review and coordinate analytics and research projects with internal partners
- Maintain hardware & software roadmaps
- Support for content partnerships
- Ad hoc strategic recommendations and related analysis/modeling
- Travel, including international, as vital
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
- 4-6 years’ experience developing product and/or corporate strategy or relevant consulting experience
- Ability to think critically about a wide and complex set of data
- Relevant experience in entertainment or technology strategy planning and analysis
- Natural analytical and reasoning skills
- Advanced PowerPoint Skills and Excel wizardry
- Maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aim for results. Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of challenging obstacles/roadblocks
- Big collaborator. Work efficiently & co-operatively with peers and across matrices
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidate attributes
- MBA or significant experience in product/corporate strategy
- Experience designing outstanding presentations (i.e. advanced Photoshop)
- Passion for games and brands
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve common goals
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to cross-functional teams
- An upbeat, ambitious, enthusiastic, disciplined, and hard-working teammate!
- Proactive, organized and shown ability to handle complex plans with multiple internal/external partners
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.