Product Marketing Manager
19 days ago
Gearbox Publishing Amsterdam is looking for an ambitious Product Marketing Manager to join our growing EMEA marketing team. The ideal candidate has a product marketing background both on a territory and European level and will focus on bringing to market new game releases, as well as supporting existing ongoing live service games.
As the regional product expert, this person will be responsible for supporting campaigns and monitoring performance across all channels. He/She/They understand(s) the importance of analytics and can determine how to use metrics to optimize campaigns and demonstrate ROI.
Strong interpersonal skills are required as the role will closely work with stakeholders across Communications, data, platform engineering, product management and our game developers.
ABOUT GEARBOX PUBLISHING AMSTERDAM
We have a passion for bringing exciting new games directly to the gamers who love it most. From hidden gems like Remnant: From the Ashes, Have a Nice Death, Hyper Light Breaker and the Torchlight series, to acclaimed titles such as Remnant 2 which sold over 1 million copies in 4 days and the much anticipated Homeworld 3, we create immersive worlds that transcend our players to live out adventures beyond their wildest imaginations with friends from around the world. Let’s play!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Be the resident product expert in the EMEA office for your assigned games portfolio and act as the EMEA market expert when interfacing with our international colleagues (NA HQ, studios, etc.).
- Develop and implement comprehensive go-to-market plans.
- Coordinate tactics between cross-functional teams and/or external agencies to ensure flawless and timely campaign execution.
- Support the EMEA marketing lead in defining KPIs, analysing and contextualising the campaign’s results and determining next steps to meet and exceed campaign goals.
- Continuously improve & promote multi-channel offerings and optimize ROI on marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with EMEA first-party contacts to maximize visibility on earned & unpaid external channels.
- Actively seek and develop additional business opportunities in the EMEA region.
- Manage asset requests and communications goals and ensure all key stakeholders are involved in the approval process.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our target audiences and keep up to date with genre trends in the EMEA markets.
- Monitor new marketing techniques and channels; be proactive with identification, research, and adoption where relevant.
- 2+ years of video game marketing experience, at a territory or Pan-European level.
- Demonstrable experience in building product messaging, positioning, and marketing plans.
- Experience working with data analytical systems such as Tableau is preferred.
- Proven track record of successful game launch experience. Having varied experience in bringing different types of products to market (premium games, mobile, F2P, live service, MMOs, etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience working with key stakeholders in different fields, positions and locations and cultivating strong working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell one’s ideas and negotiate.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; additional command of European languages (especially German or French) is an advantage.
- Passion for PC and console games is a big plus.
- You can act autonomously and are highly self-motivated
- You are diplomatic and can navigate the views and priorities of different stakeholders
- You are pragmatic and can prioritize tasks
- You are data-driven and love to learn and try new things
- You can adapt quickly when ideas and directions change or evolve
- You know how to handle tight deadlines
- You enjoy working with others and sharing your knowledge and experience
- You see opportunities in challenges
- 1-year Definite Contract
- 24 Vacation days (based on a 40-hour contract)
- Additional days off for Public Holidays outside of the Netherlands
- Winter and Summer breaks (1 week each)
- Hybrid work (at least 2 days at the office)
- Commuting by Public Transportation is fully reimbursed (based on distance)
- Monthly Health Insurance Contribution Allowance
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Working From Home Allowance
- One-time Ergonomic budget
- Work laptop, work phone, mouse, keyboard, headsets, and a monitor for home use
- Monday company Lunch with snacks, drinks, and a modern office space
LOCATION AND WORKING HOURS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The Product Marketing Manager is a full-time hybrid position (40 hours per week), working from home and in our Amsterdam office.