Product Marketing Manager - Undisclosed Outdoor IP
8 days ago
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a Product Marketing Manager to work with an exciting new outdoor based IP that we have in the works, as well as future titles.
This role is the critical connecting thread between the players, brand, product and the marketing. The role empowers the development team to build the best game for the audience and champions the marketing strategy in order to deliver our business goals.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you know the products, and how to connect them best with audiences. You’ll collaborate closely with the development teams to define the player target, product positioning and differentiators in order to build a marketing strategy that delivers a clear connection from the game to the players.
You identify, create, and drive global marketing initiatives catered to new, and existing, players. You possess a strong analytical acumen and creative judgement and are able to apply this to drive highly effective marketing campaigns.
Throughout the entire multi-year product life cycle for a number of products, you’ll be the marketing lead; collaborating closely with cross functional teams to deliver unique initiatives that support each product’s live service plans.
You are able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record in global marketing and in matrixed organizations. Your passion for video games, and the gaming industry is important, and have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer centric data to identify opportunities and evaluate results.
At Avalanche Studios Group our day-to-day is ever changing, so your ability to be adaptable, well-organized and a detail-oriented person with a penchant for creative ideas will set you up for success. Each role comes with a lot of responsibility, freedom and autonomy - which we believe is key to growing our people and the business.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing, Expansive Worlds and is a critical member of the (hunting) Product Team. Collaborating closely with the Product Owner, Lead Producer and Game Director you will ensure the success of the products and close alignment between development, marketing and other key stakeholders.
- Source and use deep player insights to empower development teams to build remarkable games for the right audiences
- Collaborate closely with the development teams to deliver a product truth and Unique Selling Points that are on brand and deliver on player needs
- Drive the creation of the product positioning that clearly sets the product apart from its competitors
- Drive and build the marketing strategies for the brand, working closely with subject matter experts
- Responsible for leading overall marketing strategies throughout the whole product lifecycle, collaborating closely with internal teams & stakeholders.
- Have budget responsibility for the marketing budget to ensure efficient and effective use of each product's budget for its lifetime.
- Serve as product marketing expert with in-depth knowledge of our games
- Create and present marketing plans to development teams and management
- Understand the audience, analyze audience patterns and share insights with internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Lead development of brand strategy, maintain brand framework including key brand attributes, tone, style and voice.
- Drive creation of and brief all assets for the brand, working closely with the in-house creative team to deliver these on brand and to the highest quality.
- Validate and approve brand assets
- At least 5 years working ideally in brand management or product marketing, or similar role in consumer or digital marketing
- Extensive knowledge of brand management, product marketing, campaign planning, and digital marketing.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills - used to presenting to stakeholders at all levels
- Collaborative, proactive and self-motivated
- Works well in a matrixed organization and is a team player
- Passionate about and play video games
- University degree in Marketing or related field
- Previous experience from marketing within the videogames industry
- Experience working in an international environment
- Interest in Outdoor(s) and/or Sportsperson Activities
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.