This job might no longer be available.
Product Marketing Manager, Organized Play
17 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager, Organized Play
Job Summary: The Product Marketing Manager, Organized Play, will work with the Manager, OP and Events Product Marketing to support key strategic initiatives supporting Organized Play at The Pokémon Company International. This position will work together with various key stakeholders within TPCi and our partner organizations by spearheading communication and marketing campaigns between offices and teams.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Work with Manager, OP and Events Product Marketing to deliver the impactful results through support of key strategic marketing initiatives for Organized Play
- Support OP marketing campaigns by being a point of contact between partner organizations, The Pokémon Company in Japan, and internal TPCi cross-functional teams
- Own GTM strategy for OP programs and campaigns
- Coordinate with Tokyo office of The Pokémon Company in Japan so that the TPCi cross-functional teams are fully informed to conduct globally aligned marketing activities
- Work with TCG Product Marketing team to develop pragmatic processes to support evolving marketing strategies and initiatives on a global scale
- Lead communication and execution within TPCi and ensure all teams and stakeholders are properly informed and campaigns launch as planned
- Review assets and communications to ensure accuracy to plan.
- Assist in the development of creative materials, OP asset management, and product reviews, including internal/external feedback loops and approvals.
- Assist in the maintenance of marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders in all partner offices and organizations
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
- Know your customers and market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience (MBA or equivalent experience preferred)
- Prior experience shipping game titles or CPG is a plus
- Demonstrated business-related experience in multinational corporations including Japan and the USA
- Proven knowledge in defining and executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to work across teams and communicate marketing goals/results at a team, executive, and company level.
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product development.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
- Clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions.
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience of working with external partners, particularly international ones.
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, however knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $97000.00 - 147000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: MK.PMMF.P3
Internal Job Profile: Product Marketing Manager (IC3)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.