Product Marketing Manager – Mobile Apps
13 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager – Mobile Apps
Job Summary: Prepares marketing strategies and programs for a product or product line. The role is responsible for a line, or lines, of business, defining strategic marketing direction, and driving execution to achieve long-term business goals. You will be expected to know your customers and market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position.
This role requires an experienced and strong app mobile manager with extensive experience in app marketing. This role will be responsible for managing Pokémon Unite for Europe. This involves specific responsibility for management of strategy, execution, project management, creative, advertising, analysis and postmortem.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Leading the creation of strategic marketing plans for Pokémon Unite working closely with cross-functional teams to align on messaging, goals, and objectives, then work with those teams to develop engaging outbound marketing campaigns aligned to those objectives.
- Responsible for the whole EMEA region with specific responsibility to grow emerging markets in Turkey, Russia, Poland and the Middle East.
- Partner deeply with internal/external teams to gain an in-depth understanding of key product features, promotions, and target performance metrics. Communicate this information to international marketing teams and serve as a product champion within Marketing for PR, Social Media, Online Marketing, and Digital Advertising teams.
- Lead the Marketing Team in the development of comprehensive marketing plans for product launches and ongoing support of new feature roll-outs and seasonal events.
- Establish best practice for marketing campaign planning, change management, and dashboard reporting.
- Measure and optimize campaign results and provide key insights to Marketing and Product Development teams.
Analysis & Reporting
- Take ownership and responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics to suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies.
- Create and deliver presentations incorporating project data and KPI’s as required by the business and present to directors, VP and partners.
- Identify, investigate, understand and explain trends found in reporting and report back to business.
- Lead and develop advertising campaigns that support product objectives.
- Assess the product needs, provide direction to external agencies, develop, and gain approval for the appropriate advertising support, execute the campaigns, and then assess the results in order to evolve future campaigns.
- Drive the development and execution of media plans across all media channels including TV, Cinema, Out-Of-Home (OOH), Digital, Mobile and social media.
- Oversee the implementation, optimization and performance of media campaigns and give strategic feedback on the campaigns to internal and external teams.
- Work with media agency to analyse the effectiveness of media campaigns to better optimize spend and performance, draw insights and make data-driven decisions that support marketing goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media vendor partners: Apple, Google, Facebook, TikTok, Snap and Twitter.
- Provide updates on various media topics, stay on top of cultural moments, social media and tech trends – offering a strategic level of thinking with key stakeholders.
- Be responsible to build, guide and track the marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future campaigns.
- Lead, conceptualize and develop fun, compelling, and effective global advertising campaigns to be used on TV, cinema, print, out-of-home (OOH), and across various digital outlets, including social media.
- Manage relationships with our agencies to ensure Pokémon creative vision is delivered in support of our specific product and general marketing needs.
- Oversee the development and approval of the idea with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Manage the creative development process from product brief through from ideation to delivery.
- Analyze the success of the creative against key performance indicators determined by the organization.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of digital and mobile industries, and interest in other marketing and business development fields.
- Proven track record of success.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with a variety of work groups, and partners from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Pokémon Unite required.
- Language skills: Turkish, Russian, Polish or Arabic and local working experience in Turkey, Russia, Poland or Middle East are a strong plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.