This job might no longer be available.
Product Marketing & ASO Manager
Dundee, United Kingdom
1 year ago
At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our growing marketing team for a data-driven, creative & analytical Product Marketing & ASO Manager.
In this role you will be taking ownership of our App Store & Google Play listings for our key titles, managing and optimising our store presence in order to improve our rankings and maximise our install rate. You will assess best practice around ASO while working closely with our marketing team, analytics team, games teams and senior stakeholders in order to define and implement strategy across our entire portfolio.
Furthermore, you will handle the product marketing management of our successful FPS action title Sniper Strike, liaising directly with its developer, Outplays’ subsidiary studio, Eight Pixel Square, and the rest of the performance marketing team in order to coordinate the marketing support for live game management of new features, events and sales.
This is a perfect opportunity for an ASO Manager to expand their knowledge and responsibilities toward Product Marketing or for a Product Marketer with solid understanding of ASO mechanics to experiment new horizons.
- ASO strategies: Develop, manage and execute best in-class ASO strategies across the App Store (Apple) and Google Play Store (Android)
- Store pages optimisation: Creation, maintenance and optimisation of all elements of our app store presence which includes text, asset and keyword definition and improvements working with internal and external resources
- A/B test strategies: Test, track and optimize AB tests on the app stores for increased download conversion rate and increased store page traffic, while staying on brand and relevant to each game’s USPs.
- Internal reporting & education: share with the marketing team and top management industry trends and insights & provide accurate and insightful live and post-performance analysis to stakeholders.
- KPI ownership: Store page conversion rate, organic acquisition and store ranking
- Product expertise: become fully immersed in the product and the product’s community to develop a and maintain a deep understanding of the product features, nuances, clan motivations, economy, etc.
- Game content marketing planning: Lead the planning, strategy and coordination around marketing specific in-game content such as new features, events, and sales, creating a rolling six-month plan of content for support from Marketing, as well a specific marketing communication plan for each major beat.
- Organic growth strategies: Work closely with UA on identifying, planning, executing and measuring opportunities to stimulate our organic growth in an ROI positive manner.
- Benchmarking: Have a deep knowledge of their games and the various competitors in the space, analysing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitor products, as well as identifying potential opportunities to share with the game teams.
- Branding: produce, manage and update the core branding documents of the games they work on, and assure alignment with the brand pillars across in game content and marketing communication copy, tone and assets for consistency through the player funnel.
- Communication Expertise: Strong communication skills to be able to interact efficiently with stakeholders, marketing teammates and developers
- Data Driven Digital Marketing Experience: ASO knowledge required and preferably Product marketing experience in the mobile industry as well
- A passion for Mobile Games Marketing: A deep understanding of digital marketing, videogames, and the mobile games industry, as well as an acute eye for comprehending player experience flows.
- Player Lifecycle: Knowledge and understanding of the entire player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, on-boarding, engagement, fidelity, monetization, loyalty and evangelism.
- Game KPIs: Deep understanding of all core game and business KPIs, how they impact each other and comfortable working with analytics teams to produce detailed data driven reports and insights.
- Open Minded and Innovative: Be comfortable collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.
Please apply by 31/10/2019 for your application to be considered. Salary range - £30,000+ dependent on experience.