Product Manager (m/f/d)
13 days ago
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 29 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be working closely with teams of BI, Design, Live Ops, Development, QA, CS, CM, and Product you will be fully responsible for the performance of one or more (mobile) games titles in the DECA portfolio. Tirelessly drive forward data exploration, user behavior analysis, and other statistical approaches on the product you are responsible for, and the continuous monitoring of critical business KPIs. Your analytical understanding helps you to see clearly how our products grow and how these can be improved.
- Helm a fully-fledged remote game team across disciplines.
- Own product vision for one or more portfolio mobile game titles.
- Understand the player base and assist in designing in-game features to achieve product KPI goals.
- Write user stories, and draw mockups/ wireframes to communicate feature requirements with the developers.
- Assist the Producer/Game Designer for an end to end development of product features i.e. from concept to post-release iterations
- Collaborate with Producers, Developers, Project Managers, QA, Customer Support, and Community Managers to deliver a best-in-class player experience.
- Assist in defining KPIs, tracking requirements for features, and following up on success and failure.
- Report product statuses and findings in a structured and timely manner to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to provide actionable insights and recommendations on enhancing and optimizing player enjoyment, engagement, and overall efficiencies in all areas of gameplay and player life cycle.
- 2+ years experience in a data-intensive product manager role, preferably mobile.
- Good knowledge of game KPIs and their proper interpretation.
- Strong understanding of hybrid monetization models.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, and SQL.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good report writing and presenting skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.