Product Manager - Star Wars
20 days ago
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters , a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will use a combination of excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build extraordinary experiences that will impact our players’ lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics.
- Drive user and competitive research, analyse market trends and disseminate key insights with the wider team to ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market.
- Generate expected outcomes & KPI Targets by analysing data from existing games, building forecast models and performing funnel analysis.
- Manage and execute the LiveOps roadmap focussing on events, monetization offers, A/B testing, content management and maintaining game metric health amongst other areas.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
- Be a player champion!
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior product management experience in free-to-play game development and LiveOps
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills coupled with advanced Excel and SQL proficiency
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organisational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of competitive action/combat games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous start-up, B2C software and/or consulting experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.