2 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Manager
Job Summary: This role is responsible for buying and project management of high-end retail products. A broad knowledge of overseas sourcing, retail and/or the advertising specialty industry is preferred. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks including communication with domestic and overseas vendors, research of retail and promotional products, assists in compiling proposals and manages production of individual projects. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with product supplier
- Create proposals for internal clients
- Manage production process from concept to purchase order to product delivery
- Interacts across multiple departments and partners, including arranging and participating in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
- Partners with internal teams to forecast product needs and passes those requirements on to appropriate external vendors. This may include coordination of schedules, bidding, and statement of work through execution
- Coordinate proof approvals
- Creates clear, understandable job schedules, project layouts and purchase orders
- Requires ability to obtain full working knowledge of internal software system
What you’ll bring
- 3-4 years of Production Coordination / Product Management in a consumer products environment, which may include domestic and overseas retail product manufacturing, buying, selling and sourcing experience
- Previous development of products for branded or licensing companies
- Knowledge in product safety compliance is preferable, such as Prop 65, ASTM or EN-71
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain quality across all product lines
- Proven organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Success operating within fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use software for data analysis and presentations
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.