7 days ago
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar, just over one year ago, and have some super creative projects that we’re working on behind the scenes! Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
We are looking for highly analytical, entrepreneurial, and experienced Product Managers who are excited about scaling a new hit free to play mobile game.
Product Management at Space Ape
Product Management is core to everything we do.
Many of us have worked exclusively in free to play for our entire careers, and the company has been at the forefront of data, economy design, user acquisition, monetization and games as a service for over a decade. Our tooling, approach to live ops and monetization has been highly referenced by many studios who look to our games for inspiration.
Over the years, many of our Product Managers developed the creative, production and leadership skills to evolve into different roles as we focussed on the creative iteration to identify and master new categories. Historically we have trained and developed our product manager from within but now find ourselves with a slate of very promising games that demand we scale up our product management function.
Product Managers are core members of the leadership of a game at Space Ape. They have a huge amount of autonomy and impact at all stages of a game’s lifecycle.
You will be supported by a world class team of data engineers and data literate game teams who will have tremendous respect for what you do.
Two Games, Two Roles
- We are looking for two Product Managers to support two key initiatives:
- Scaling our footprint in the music category
- Launching a new casual puzzle game
- Beatstar has been live for little over a year, but already generated $100m revenue and defines the category on mobile. Approximately half the company is engaged in either scaling Beatstar or developing more music games to achieve our ambition of being the defining brand in the category.
- Our casual puzzle game is launching imminently with a fresh take on the category that is on track to be our most ambitious project to date. The team is highly experienced in the category and the game has been well vetted with extensive testing that have established genre leading KPI’s.
- We are looking for seasoned product managers who are passionate about one or both of these missions, and will shape the role depending on the candidate.
- Many years experience across multiple projects in similar roles or similar situations:
- For Beatstar- a passion for music is essential, though experience working with music is not. We are breaking new ground so having a fresh perspective and broad experience, and entrepreneurial mindset is more important than specific experience.
- For the Puzzle Game- experience in the category IS essential. You will be embedded on a team of seasoned puzzle experts who will be looking for you to hit the ground running. A thorough understanding of the category leading best practices is essential.
- Space Ape’s are incredibly passionate, productive, self starting, team players
- You thrive on the challenge of scaling a gaming business, as much as the creative act of making games. You will effectively own the business side of the game so need to be equally at home in both worlds
- Creative mindset, great logical and analytical capabilities, very good soft skills, empathy for players and for the player experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for mobile games
- Ambition to be part of the next generation of hit mobile games
Permanent: London, hybrid with 2-3 days in office
Contract: Remote or Hybrid
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
Space Ape is a unique combination of a well established game developer and publisher, and high potential start up. We have a serious track record and the backing of the most successful games company on the planet, but tremendous upside with a strong slate of games in development.
We are 130 people, based mostly in London, UK.
Our games are diverse, ranging from Music (Beatstar is the top grossing music game globally), Mid-core (Transformers: Earth Wars has grossed over $100m revenue) and an unreleased Casual Puzzle from one of the most seasoned puzzle teams in the business, launching 2023.
2022 was our biggest year ever. We generated nearly $100m in revenue, from 5m DAU. We transitioned to a hybrid working model with 2-3 days in office, branched out from our mid-core roots to master a new category (Music) and are now poised to do it again with puzzle.
Since 2017 we have been majority owned by Supercell, makers of Clash of Clans & Brawl Stars. This means our teams benefit from sharing and learning from a vibrant community of sister companies such as the makers of Merge Mansions, Love & Pies and the broader Tencent group. It also means we have all the resources of the most successful game makers to scale when we have a hit on our hands.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.