Space Ape Games
London England United Kingdom
14 days ago
At Space Ape, we are focused on building world-class player experiences. Our games are fun, fresh and brimming with personality, so we want to share them with everyone. We believe the best games are a combination of art and science, we pair analytical product people with creative skills for great results.
We are looking for a highly organised Product Manager to drive the product vision of one of our six games in development. The game team has an established vision and thesis but are on the search for someone to crack the code of what it will take to make the game a hit.
The game will be one where the economy design, balancing and analytical feature design will be a huge lever in the game’s success. In other words it will be the kind of game that will make best use of your analytical skills. Our studio DNA includes free to play, strategy and live ops based games, so there will always be a place where you can have a huge impact.
You will be responsible for ensuring the success and growth of the game by developing a product vision, strategy and roadmap. You will inspire, coordinate and empower designers, developers, artists and data scientists to evolve live games and deliver an optimised and personalised experience to millions of players.
This is a role for someone who sees career growth coming from being the first Product Manager on a game that becomes a global phenomenon, more so than someone who aspires to lead a product management organization spanning many games. That said, there will be plenty of opportunities to mentor and learn from some of the best in the business by collaborating with teams across Space Ape and the broader Supercell family.
- End to end management of product. Prioritise features based on business value, collect and analyse requirements, write clear and detailed specs, create wireframes and define A/B tests.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts for specific features.
- Analyse results of the features, iterate based on data to improve performance.
- Plan the long-term direction of the game. Set Milestones make sure they are hit.
- Work with Tech to strike a balance between new features, tools, and technical debt.
- Own the metrics. DAU, ARPU, D1/D7/D30 retention. LTV. Creating impact as a result of your changes.
- Own revenue and other quarterly objectives by pushing initiatives and improvements to all teams.
- Work closely with Dev. team to ensure release of relevant and timely content.
- Prioritise features, content, and promotions based on development time and impact.
- Work with designers on ideas, specs, and game design settings to create impactful features.
- Review, create, and critique specs; providing real time feedback.
- Proven track record of improving metrics within a live game, as a Product Manager, Live Ops Manager or similar.
- A proven track record of improving stats on a live game
- Data driven and analytical with exceptional attention to detail. SQL experience an advantage.
- Goal oriented, passionate and autonomous on projects
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all disciplines and departments.
- Skilled expertise in software development methodologies and project management. Agile / Scrum experience is preferred.
- Ability to juggle many things at once and bring order to chaos. Excellent problem solver.
- Must have a background in a related field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Management, or Game Design.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- This position is in London, but you're not? No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end.
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $100m revenue. We currently have two games in soft launch [https://beatstar.com/] and [https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/id1520552339] and 3 more entering soft launch soon.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.