8 days ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Product Manager - Empire New Projects , you’ll work on new projects that will define the next generation of mobile strategy & 4X games that will appeal to a broader audience than ever before.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Developed and launched War Dragons , bringing thrilling 3D battles and a uniquely exciting play experience to mobile strategy games.
- Grew War Dragons to a top 25 grossing app on the Apple App Store, garnering over 30 million downloads.
- Developed multiple new game projects in development that are in various stages of testing!
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design and execution of new prototypes of strategy/4X games that appeal to broad audiences.
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction to.
- Iterate rapidly on those prototypes based on feedback from playtests, user tests, and data collection
- Design and implement new features for the most successful prototypes we create and ultimately, launch a new game
- Pitch new ideas for new game prototypes
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- 5+ years experience as a product manager.
- Worked on a successful free-to-play strategy or mid-core game that involved a liveops model - you love the excitement of launching new projects but also know that sustained F2P success is predicated on smart, evolving, community-informed liveops strategies.
- Up to date with current trends in free-to-play mobile games and understand the pros and cons of the decisions that different games make.
- Experienced in quantitative analysis and have the ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data.
- Ability to manage complex projects and production schedules.
- Enjoy mid-core mobile game experiences - Strategy, 4X, MMO, Build & Battle, RPG.
- Open to constant feedback that helps you make your game prototypes better.
- Love the idea of creating highly engaging mobile games that will be seen (and played) by millions!
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with Unity editor and Unity tools to implement game content.
- Degree in a quantitative/technical discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.) and/or MBA
- Specific experience in any of the following:
- Strategy / 4X games
- Build & Battle games
- MMO games
- Role-playing games
- Startup experience
- Engineering/software development
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values .
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest an d conviction records.