9 days ago
Do you want to be part of building a new and exciting IP together with a small but highly skilled team of games industry veterans? We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work with the newest addition to the family - Paradox Tectonic.
As a Product Manager at Paradox Interactive, you are both a business and product leader, charged with driving the game’s vision and coordinating a team of experts towards the delivery of the product and its operation through the live service. The Product Manager is also the main business owner for one or several products, accountable for both the quality and the profitability of the games and making sure that the business case stays sound through their evolution.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
1. Being one of the vision drivers and owner of product performance, setting the product goals and making sure the game hits the KPI targets
2. Leadership, coordination and support of product teams composed of experts in their fields such as Commercial Managers, Marketing or Production disciplines, making sure that the game’s vision is shared across all
3. Establishes, oversees and coordinates all budget, production, marketing and sales activities to ensure the fulfilment of the product plan or other steering documents
4. Being responsible for the launch and post-release activities of those products
5. Ownership of the business case of the product, including building and balancing the budget, assists and develops the long term strategical roadmap and consumer marketing plans for those products.
6. Representation of the project and its team to both internal and external partners and stakeholders, including presentations, reporting, etc.
7. Building and maintaining of a healthy relationship with development partners, both internal or external studios
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product management or production in the games industry
- Experience handling both the cost and revenue side on projects
- Bachelor degree or similar in a relevant field
- Formal/informal leadership experience, leading a project and/or team, is a requirement
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
A general interest in management games such as city builders, life simulators, colony builders or tycoon games is a strong plus.
On a personal level we believe that you have great organizational and communication skills. You are as a person self going and responsible, you are not afraid of taking hard decisions and stand your ground yet you are optimistic in your foundation. You can deal with and keep track of multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds and different levels of seniority. You are a good leader, self starter and a get-shit-done type of person. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrives with tough goals and you are driven by building things from the ground up. Finally, you can think long term and see the bigger picture.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Segment Owner
The role means occasionally travelling to San Francisco for meeting the team.
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.