WHO WE ARE
NCWest, a mobile publisher focused on high-quality, innovative and fun free-to-play games, is seeking a talented Publishing Product Manager to join our team and play a critical role in expanding our portfolio of mobile games and delivering exceptional game experiences to players around the world.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Publishing Product Manager reporting to the Head of Mobile Publishing, you will help identify strong product opportunities from the global developer community, determine product and feature-level requirements aimed at meeting KPI goals which deliver against revenue expectations, then guide and drive the long term product growth strategy for the selected title(s) alongside the top 3rd party developers from around the globe. You'll utilize a deep understanding of the competitor and market space, along with qualitative and quantitative data to analyze product performance, recommend new features, construct live events & sales, and work with designers on economy balancing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Utilize Product expertise in the F2P mobile space and within specific genres to identify, analyze and recommend products for 3rd Party Publishing
- Define, measure and deliver against game KPIs that achieve business goals, working closely with the data analytics team to create dashboards and deliver regular updates to executives and product owners.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to drive product evolution and growth, including industry benchmarks, in-game metrics, marketing data, market research, playtesting, community feedback and more
- Guide the strategy for the product growth, KPI-impactful features, including some feature design and wireframing to help illustrate product requirements as needed
- Build models and forecasts in excel to prioritize predict the impact of new features, as
- well as forecast player engagement and behavior with game systems
- Run the live operations of the game through events, price optimization, and game balance
- Align with Product Marketing, User Acquisition, CRM, Community and other cross-functional teams to maximize performance results
- Establish core PM functions and protocols which scale alongside the aggressive growth trajectory desired for the NCW mobile organization
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 3+ years of product management experience in the development and/or live operations of free-to-play games.
- Strong communication skills. You take complicated concepts and break them into comfortable pieces. You're practically a mind reader in conversations, finding misunderstandings or miscommunications and resolving them effortlessly.
- Good collaboration and leadership. You can find the right strategic vision for your colleagues and rally them behind it. You help the team build the best solution to the problem, and keep everyone focused on the high level picture.
- Analytical skills. You can crank out A/B test analyses in your sleep and dig into noisy data to find a strong signal.
- Microsoft Excel skills. You breathe formulas, charts, models, pivot tables, and forecasting.
- Direct work experience on strategy or RPG mobile free-to-play games with deep and complex systems
- Experience as an economy designer, data analyst, software engineer, financial analyst or consultant
- SQL, tableau, and other data analysis and data visualization tools
- Basic programming and scripting knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering